There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.

04:27:00

When I was asked what my must-haves are for a comfy day/evening, I could honestly think of a million and one different things! There’s nothing that I enjoy more than deciding to take some time out for myself and just chilling out really. So the fact that I can actually share a post with all you amazing readers about how I wind down is something that really appeals to me. 


First off I’ll have a really hot bath, I’m like my mum and I've been blessed with the fact that I can tolerate really hot water and then I’ll use whatever bubble bath I have at the time. One of my all time favourites is the Radox sleep easy bath soak which is just from ASDA and is super cheap but it smells divine and makes my skin super soft and when I've gotten out I just feel 10x calmer than when I got into the bath.  Depending on how I feel at the time (and how much make up I have on) I’ll use my ASDA skincare range and remove all my makeup and clean my face of all the days grossness and makeup and I just feel so much more refreshed when I have a clean face. Comfy clothes are also an absolute MUST if I want to reach maximum comfort; this will usually involve some leggings and a baggy jumper with some slipper boots. I found all these on New Look and I absolutely love them, they all look so snug.

Once all my comfy prepping is done this is where I really get down to the good stuff, if I’m winding down particularly I need some sort of drink and snack whilst I’m curled up on the sofa. My favourite warm drink to unwind with is definitely a milky coffee or a vanilla latte (vanilla lattes are the absolute bomb) and if I’m snacking then I've always wanted twirl bites because they are just the type of food that I can munch away on constantly and get through a bag in less than 10 minutes, I have got a serious problem that requires help when it comes to twirl bites. I’ll then curl up on the sofa with whatever I can find to use as a blanket or a throw, at the moment I’m on the hunt for the perfect sofa throw as a dressing gown doesn't really cut it. I found this stunning cashmere throw on the parachute homes website which would be absolute HEAVEN to curl up in and watch telly with.  I’ll then either watch TV or a film depending on my mood; at the moment Adam and I are really heavily into our Lost so we’ll probably watch about 5 hours of that.

What makes this more perfect than it already is would have to be having some candles on the go, I never really understood the hype of candles until about a year or 2 ago and now I’m hooked on them, so I’d probably choose to burn my favourite Yankee scents at the moment that is cranberry ice, which smells so wonderful and just makes me feel even more peaceful and snug.  

So by now I’m in pure comfy mode; curled up in my make shift throw with my vanilla latte and twirl bites whilst watching LOST and burning candles and I’m usually pretty close to falling asleep. So this is when I’ll drag myself downstairs into bed, and this Venice bedspread from parachute homes looks like sleeping paradise *heart eye emojis* and then I’ll have passed out in about 30 seconds. Perfect.

So that’s my ideal comfy evening, just thinking about it is making me feel all calm and sleepy! 

What is your ideal comfy day/evening?  

You Might Also Like

0 comments