Blogmas Day 10

04:48:00


Last night I went out for a meal for one of Adam's family members birthdays, and it was at a cute little restaurant that was tucked away on the dock. I didn't even know it existed until last night! From the outside it did look a bit pants, but the inside was the complete opposite; it was beautiful and all decorated for Christmas with lights and trees and just everything Christmas related. Once everyone had arrived, we sat down and were given our starters. 


I had a prawn and crayfish cocktail for starter, I was a bit worried as I've never had crayfish before (is that weird?) and I didn't want to not eat it. In all honesty it just tasted like a chewy prawn to me, but in general it was actually really really tasty and I'd definitely get it again. I also managed to use the right fork this time, because the last time we went out I had stupidly used the wrong one and so I made sure that Adam reminded me. The chairs were extremely low so it was actually really had for me to see inside and see what I had left; I would have benefited from a booster seat I think.  

For my main I went for Turkey, sage & onion stuffing and some little chipolata sausages and then the usual parsnips, potatoes and veg and I really enjoyed this as well. The only thing that put me off a bit was the fact that it was absolutely drenched in cranberry jus and it just made it way to sweet and it just made me feel quite sick unfortunately. It was still fairly enjoyable though, so I can't complain too much. 
For dessert I had the worlds biggest creme brulee, it was absolutely bloody massive. This photo doesn't do justice on how big the brulee actually was. It was supposedly white chocolate and baileys, but honestly I couldn't taste either of those things; it just tasted like your typical creme brulee. That didn't make it bad though, it just didn't taste like what they had said it would taste like. I got a little chocolate chip biscuit as well which was really nice, but the creme brulee was more like a mousse than a brulee. I really enjoyed it, but it just wan't a lot like the brulee's I've ever had in the past. 

Overall, it was a really nice night of seeing everyone and I will definitely go back at some point. I feel it'd be a good place to go for a couple of drinks and some lunch, so it'll be worth going back. 
Today is my last day of work as I'm off to London tomorrow (EXCITEMENT) so I'll try to do blogmas over the next few days, but if I can't I will do one as soon as I possibly can and I'll get as many photos as I can. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments