Favourite memories of 2014

03:50:00

I’m doing this as a little 3 part new year’s series. This is the first one and is my favourite memories of 2014, the second is the lessons I've learnt this year and then the last one is my new year’s resolutions for 2015!

Well, 2014 has been a bit of a weird year really hasn't it. In all honesty there have been some stupidly low points which were really hard to get out of, but in general it’s actually been such an awesome year. It’s the first year in a while I can honestly say the good has definitely out way the bad; that sounds really awful and like I'm moaning but I promise I'm not. I know I've had it easy but some years have obviously just been big challenges but 2014 really was a fabulous year. So I thought I’d do a highlight of my favourite memories of 2014.
  • In the earlier part of the year, me and some of my best pals went to Norwich for our baby boy Zachy’s 19th birthday and although I ruined the night because of my crippling stomach aches (sorry again guys) it was definitely one of the best nights of the year. We all played drinking games and took photos and had chats and danced so much and it was just a bloody beautiful night with some of the greatest people ever.
  •   In July Adam and I went to Spain together for a week and it was just everything I had hoped it would be a more, spending a week together sun bathing, exploring, eating and drinking the week away was definitely what I had needed. It was such a chill out holiday and was just wonderful and reinforced all the reasons that I love Spain, because who doesn't love Spain!?
  • I don’t like birthdays, don’t get me wrong if it’s somebody else’s birthday then I love it because I like to make people happy and get them what they want. If it’s my own birthday I just struggle to feel upbeat about it and don’t really want to do anything, this year was completely different. I spent the day with my family and Adam and it was just completely chilled and great because I got such wonderful and thoughtful presents from everyone; my family, Adam and Adam’s family all put such effort into what they got me and I was so thankful.
  •  Now this joins to the last point I made about my birthday.  A week after my birthday, me and all my closest friends in the world (excluding frasmine) and Adam went out for my second ‘birthday’. This was hands down my favourite night of the year, I had one of the best nights out I have ever had which is hilarious because it was in our home town which is NOT good for a night out at all. It was absolutely amazing though, and at the end of the night I just remember lying on a hill and being so happy and thankful for all my friends. It was an emosh moment and I still get stupidly happy if I think about it now.
  •  Going to Liverpool and seeing my family after such a long amount of time was so special for me, especially being able to take Adam with me. I've always gotten on so well with that side of my family and so just being able to spend as much time with them as I could and just doing really casual things like going shopping and watching TV and stuff, it meant a lot to me.
  • Going to the Bury Christmas Market with my parents and Adam was great, we've never really done anything like that and so being able to mooch round and just look at all the great things that the market stalls had to offer was great and I think we all enjoyed it.
  • Adam decided that for a Christmas present he would buy us tickets to go to the first ever BBC music awards and it was wonderful! We went shopping, went to Winter Wonderland and just did all cute London things and spent time together. I loved cute little days like that, they make my life.

Obviously I have had hundreds of other cool memories this year with all my family, friends, Adam and my work colleagues but these are some of the ones that I want to keep etched on my brain forever because they were just too good!

What were your favourite memories?

You Might Also Like

0 comments