Starting my blog

13:35:00

After roughly a year of umming and ahhing about starting a blog, I decided to spend a few days planning everything in detail and here I am! In the past I've made blogs and written a few posts, then gotten bored and deleted it! So I'm hoping that this one will be different as it's something I've always wanted to do. As this is my first blog post it seems that I should probably do like a slight 'about me' type post.

Who am I?
My name is Ashleigh and I'm eighteen years old. The reason I decided to use my blog name as AshleighRhiane is because Rhiane is my middle name and unfortunately I couldn't come up with anything better and most of what I was coming up with was pretty tedious and boring anyway. So I thought why not just use my name as it'll be easier for people to remember? BAM, AshleighRhiane is born. I've recently finished my A-levels and instead of going to uni I'm just trying to figure what I want to do with my life and blogging and writing has always been something I really enjoy so I thought I'd see where this takes me.

Whats this blog for/about?
For years I've been in complete awe of fashion,beauty and lifestyle blogs. In a day I read about 5/6 different blogs and I can sit for hours and hours reading constantly like I'm in a trance, I have so much respect for bloggers and vloggers and so I've always thought "why not give it ago myself". This blog is going to be for fashion, beauty and lifestyle posts so it will include anything from reviews to posts of days out that I have so I'm sorry if it starts a bit slapdash and random but I'll try and organise my thoughts as soon as I can for anyone lovely enough to read my mess!

Why I decided to start this blog?
I decided to start a blog simply for the fact that I absolutely love to write and be creative and express myself. I do this on a number of different social media websites such as twitter and tumblr, but I've always wanted to do a proper blog on something I'm passionate about. I've always been interested in fashion and beauty and I can read articles on the latest collections and watch hours of tutorials purely because I adore it all so much. However, I never started one earlier because I've always thought that I'm not 'glamorous' enough and that I'm too plain. I'm the type of girl that lives in skinny jeans and jumpers, but I always wish I could be more adventurous. I also struggle a lot with my self confidence and that is as much as I'll say on the matter but I'm hoping by starting this blog I will be able to become more like the person I have always wanted to be!

I think for my first post I've rambled on for long enough and so I shall end it here! If you are lovely enough to actually read this please let me know as I'd be really interested and pleasantly surprised if you do! If you have any questions that you want to ask feel free to contact me by posting a message on this particular post or contacting me on twitter or tumblr.

Have a photo of my face!

You Might Also Like

2 comments