beauty bad habits

15:06:00

I've seen a few bloggers do posts like this and it always makes me laugh reading what people find difficult or what they just can't do no matter how hard they try! These are a few of the things I'm just pants at and probably always will be.

I'm absolutely terrible with basically anything eyebrows related. I seem to always over pluck one eyebrow more than the other and if not I think I've done a good job, then I'll be out the next day and noticed hundreds of hairs I've missed and I literally have absolutely no clue how I've managed it?! I can never seem to match them up and I get so frustrated that in the end I just leave them for weeks at a time and look like a cave women (sexy I know). I was always fairly crap at drawing them, when I used to attempt this in the past I always ended up looking like I had two slugs laying on my face. Thankfully I got out of the drawing habit sharpish. 


I physically cannot do a french plait, although I say that... I can't really do any type of plait; french, fishtail or just your normal braid. This kind of proves that I can't do braids and have no knowledge of them because I know there are more than 3 but I can't remember any others. When I attempt to try and do one of the 3 that I know of, I end up angry and wanting to cut all my hair off, I just can't get my hands to work and then I end up with some matted mess on my head that is just painful to look at. I'm eighteen years old and if I want any type of braid I still have to ask my mum to do it for me, I've been taught many times and each time it goes horribly wrong.


This is probably my worst one, just as an example of how bad I am- I didn't actually know you had to clean makeup brushes until about a year ago. I feel ashamed and disgusted to admit to this fact and you will probably all shun me, I do now clean them though! Still not as much as I should be doing, you should clean them roughly every few weeks and with the amount that I use my brushes I should be doing this and yet I don't. I always forget, or I'm busy or I'm just being plain lazy, my poor brushes are very neglected, but I think its because I don't have brushes I particularly care for? I'm looking at buying a new set for Christmas, so maybe MAYBE I will actually clean my brushes regularly?! We can all dream.

Not using heat protectant is another thing I'm really bad with, I don't really use a hair dryer or any heart on my hair really. So that is the good thing, but when I do use heat on my hair I don't tend to use product as its not something that I go out of my way to buy and so for this reason it usually goes a miss with me, even though I know it shouldn't.

I'm actually very 'nail proud' I've been genetically passed on long, strong and healthy nails from my mum and this is something that I do pride myself on. They look especially nice when painted and people rarely see me without painted nails, so you're probably wondering how this is a beauty bad habit? I am a bugger for peeling and picking the nail varnish off and making it look horrendous. If my nails chip even a little tiny bit, I cannot leave it like that and the sensible thing to do would be to paint over the chip or the problem, but no. I decide its much better to force the varnish off and this results in my nails becoming very brittle and dry. Instead of just leaving them to get better I repeat the whole process and paint them again and pick it off if it chips. My nails are currently painted and are starting to chips and I'm resisting the urge to scrape it off as I type this. 

A photo off of my IG
Do you have anything beauty related that you are particularly bad at, and that you should really change or make more of an effort with?

*This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed*

You Might Also Like

0 comments