minature make-up haul

10:27:00

Since being paid this month, I have absolutely craved doing a little retail therapy. I personally don't think of myself as particularly girly, but if I receive any amount money I instantly think "what can I buy..." and so I finally ventured to town to get some little bits and pieces! I didn't want to call this a 'haul' as such because sadly, I haven't purchased a large amount of products so its a small haul as such.

(I apologize about the quality of this photo, the lighting in my room wasn't great)
I've recently run out of my benefit 'They're Real' mascara, so I needed something quick to use on occasions. I don't actually overly need mascara as I've got naturally long eye lashes, but I still use it as I love how long and dramatic it makes my eye lashes appear. I've used collections 'Supersize' mascara in the past and really liked it because its cheap and does the job, the only criticism I have of it is that I'm not a big fan of the application wand.

I then spotted the double ended smokey eye brush from Revlon and decided to buy it because the brush I use for my eyebrows broke months ago and I never got another one because I'm very lazy, so I decided to finally get one and I felt the due to the size of this one it'd be perfect for my eyebrow. I've also used it for creating a smokey eye look and it is really good at what it says it does.

I then went on a bit of an MUA craze as I've always looked at their section in boots and superdrug, but never actually gotten anything from what I can remember. I decided to have a look this time and I was actually pleasantly surprised with how good the quality of the products were. I got their bronzer in shade 1, colour blast eye shadow tint in the shade 'a girl like me' and 2 of their eye shadow palettes which are called 'glitterball' and 'Heaven and Earth'. The bronzer is actually very natural on my skin because I'm naturally very tanned (thanks to my dad's side of the family!) and so it isn't too harsh or dramatic on my skin and just adds a slight bit more colour to my face. I really like the colour and texture of the eye shadow tint and it blends really well and creates a really nice look. The two palettes are both full of really nice colours and shades as well, I prefer the Heaven and Earth palette as the shades are much more natural and earthy and matched with my winged eye liner or as a smokey eye it looks great! I love the glitterball palette, but I'm not big on bright or sparkly colours as I feel like I'm going to a school disco.

So overall, I think I've done quite well and I'm really happy with the products! Have you used any of these products? What do you think about them?




You Might Also Like

0 comments