Collection 2000 'fix me up' fixing spray and 'primed & ready' primer review

12:18:00

I recently bought both the primer and the fixing spray by the collection 2000 make up range and was interested to see what they were like.
Collection 2000 is an extremely affordable make up range and has some really great items on offer, some of the items they do are staples for my 
everyday make up look and I do recommend them to everyone. However, one of these products I liked and one I'm still on the fence about. 

The product I like is the collection 2000 'fix me up' fixing spray. The fixing spray is a product that I didn't think I'd like and at first I was undecided but now I can say I do actually really like this product, the people at collection say that once you've done your make up you only need to do a 2/3 sprays over your face and you're set for the day! I disagree slightly with this, if I want my make up to last I focus on key areas that I find I usually need to re-apply and I definitely do more than 2, but I think its all just on preference. After this my face does obviously feel a bit wet, but I just wave my arms like a loon for a couple of seconds all over my face until no shine or wetness is visible anymore. I usually find after a few hours my nose has become quite oily and that I need to reapply my powder by about lunch time. Now I don't actually need to worry about reapplying powder at all which for me is great! 
There's nothing overly special about the packaging, it's just your typical black spray bottle with shiny pink writing on the bottle. I managed to get this on a 3 for 2 deal and so I didn't really think about the price, but when looking at superdrug its actually sold for £5.99 and with this in mind I'm not sure if I'd go out of my way to buy it. I love the product but the size of the bottle is quite small, so I'll have to see how long the product lasts me in order to make up my mind!

The product that I'm not sure on is their 'primed & ready' primer. Like the fixing spray, the packaging in back with shiny pink writing and comes in a small tube instead of a bottle. I've personally never used a primer, so when I saw this was on offer I thought I'd give it a try and it wasn't what I expected. The primer comes out like a thick cream and its clear of colour, when applying it to my face the consistency of it felt dry but it didn't make my face dry? I don't know how to explain it without confusing everyone and myself, but if you've used this product you'll know what I mean (hopefully). I use a small amount all over my face, which I suppose is a plus as I don't need that much but I just don't really like how it makes my face feel and when I go on to apply my foundation I think it makes my face feel slightly greasy. This could be down to my skin type though as I've got pretty combination skin, so the fact that I don't like this product doesn't mean that somebody else won't, but I don't think I'll bother buying it again.

Have you used either of these products and what do you think of them?

You Might Also Like

0 comments