eyebrows are sisters, not twins.

10:21:00

When it comes to eyebrows, I have had them all. Natural huge and bushy, tiny and stick thin, short and thick, drawn on (thankfully not for long!) and now I'm finally at a stage where I'm basically happy with my brows. As a pre-teen I was always very self conscious of brows and this is actually why I wore a big swooping fringe as I felt they made me look very unattractive, then one summer I decided it was a fabulous idea to let a close friend dye my hair blonde. To this day I still have no idea why, but with this I thought 'screw it' and let her pluck my eyebrows and I think she honestly did it for about an hour. This was the beginning of a long line of different brows, it probably wasn't my best decision and I do still laugh and cringe when I look back at old photos...



Its not overly clear, but in the 3rd photo my brows are drawn on VERY thickly and darkly.
 I'm finally comfortable with how my eyebrows look, although I'm currently trying to grow them a tad longer and the ends and slightly thicker. I think then I will truly be at peace with my brows, but I've become less crazy with my tweezers at the moment. Everyone does it, they say they want their eyebrows to grow but then crack out the tweezers as soon as a few hairs sprout. I am also very guilty for this, but recently I'm trying my best to let them grow naturally. This is honestly the best tip I can give to anyone; try your best not to pluck them because then you really won't get anywhere!
When doing my make-up I actually shape and colour my brows slightly darker to add more definition, so what I've been doing recently is shaping them a bit larger than they are just to cover up and stray hairs and it works really well and makes me feel less twitchy about plucking them!

The name of this post is 'eyebrows are sisters, not twins' because it's so true, don't panic if your brows don't match completely as in all honesty if there is only a slight difference then its not the end of the world and I'm only now learning this myself. Only a select few notice that one of my eyebrows is shorter than the other and so it really isn't a problem!
Do any of you have any tips on growing your eyebrows back quicker? Are you happy or hating on your brows?

*This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed*

You Might Also Like

0 comments