Hola Ombre!

13:06:00

Since starting this blog I've been constantly trying to think of different and interesting things to write about. I think until I've done a few more posts I'm still going to get the occasional 'writers block' and I really want to try and do some reviews and hauls all the typical blogger things that made me want to start my blog in the first place! So as soon as I have some time to get into town that is my plan of action.

However, until then I didn't really want to just leave my blog with no recent(ish) posts. So I sat and began to think of all of the different things I could post about that would possibly interest any of the readers that I have, I then decided why not do a post on ombre?


If you are somehow still in the dark about what ombre-ing is, it is when the hair gradually fades from dark to light or vice-versa. Most typically the ends are blonde, but you can go for absolutely any colour and look effortlessly cool!


Around this time last year I got EXTREMELY bored with my hair, I'm the type of person that when it comes to my hair; it is my baby and I love it. This is why I learnt to cut and colour my own hair instead of going to the hair dressers as it always resulted in me coming out of the salon crying about looking like a boy, so a few years back I decided to teach myself how to do it. Apart from the occasional issue (last month I ended up with half at my eyebrows and the other half very short) I would say I do a pretty good job and even cut other peoples hair for them. So when I get very bored I tend to turn to my hair and think of what I can do with it, around this time though my hair had just gotten back into good condition after dying it ever week for about 2 months when I was 15. Due to this I didn't want to do anything too damaging to my hair, but I wanted a change and this is when I started to notice a lot of bloggers had begun to get ombre and I instantly fell in love! Luckily the box set had been brought out and I used that and just adored the messy, textured look it gave to my hair. I ended up just waking up and leaving it simply because I loved how it looked on my hair and I ended up keeping this look for longer than I usually do with any hair colour, but alas... I got bored again
So I went back to brown and grew my hair out and forgot about my love affair with ombre, but this year around about late August, after a rough few months I was feeling very down in the dumps and quite poo. So I decided that in a spur of the moment I was going to cut off A LOT of my hair, dye it a darker brown and ombre the ends again (I was actually sat on skype at the time and I thought I was going to pass out which I think my friend found highly hilarious). I'm so glad I did it though because I instantly fell in love with it again, it just looks for effortless and grungy? I'd say that because the brown this time round is a tad darker that when I last did my hair I actually prefer it a lot more because it just looks more dramatic and I think that's the look that I was going for at the time?

I honestly believe that absolutely ANYONE can pull of this look as it works well for any hair type, it all just depends on the colours that you want to ombre. If you aren't sure on whether you want to take the plunge then start off by researching ombre and looking at different colours and what-not to see if there is anything that really appeals to you. Then perhaps have a hairdresser you know very well and can trust with your beautiful mane show you a few colours and give you there honest opinion, BUT REMEMBER it's your hair and if they disagree with you it doesnt mean you shouldn't give it ago! In the worst case scenario, if you are a hair dresser-phobe like me then go DIY either using a box dye or the professional ombre kits that have been released into supermarkets as the do work wonders!

I hope this has been helpful for any of you ombre-virgins! Have you ever had ombre and do you think anyone can pull it off?

*This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed*

You Might Also Like

2 comments