MUA 'glitterball' and 'Heaven and Earth' palette review

11:12:00

This is my first official review, how exciting is this! After buying these two little beauties the other day, I thought they'd be absolutely perfect to review on my blog and so here we are!
I'll start with the glitterball palette.

Glitterball comes with 12 different colours, all of which contain sparkles within the colours. There are a range of colours including blacks, blues, silvers and pinks and all of which are very dramatic and for its affordable price the range of colours and shades is really impressive. The packaging of the palette is very simple and I think for this reason I really like it because its very classy and focuses purely on the product itself and not the packaging. 
You could get away with using colours in this palette for a day time look, but I think I'll be more likely to use it for an evening look as I find that the sparkles add an element of glamour! Not all of the colours have the same shades and some are very dry and dusty, whereas some are pigmented and creamy in the texture and I love this aspect of the palette. So overall this palette is amazing for the price it is sold at, the colours last all day and you can create some great mixes, the only downside there is for the palette is the brush that comes with it. The brush reminds me of something I'd use when I was 12 and not very well educated on makeup, I still use the brush but not a lot.
These are just a few of my favourite shades from the palette!
The second palette that I bought and decided to review was the MUA 'Heaven and Earth' palette. This particularly palette I've fallen in love with, simply because its much more natural and sophisticated which I really like about the palette. It also comes with 12 different shades and once again is also cheap and affordable so it is definitely worth a buy!
When it comes to eye makeup I think I will always be a winged liner girl, but sometimes I like to add a little eye shadow before I put on my eye liner and this particular palette is perfect for this. The colours mix really well together and you can create some really nice and classy looks with the different browns and creams in the palette. Like the glitterball palette, the textures are very pigmented and I think this makes them all easier to apply and blend together. For the price and shades of this palette, if you're like me and like a more 'earthy' look then this is really a palette that you should try! Once again, the only thing I didn't particularly like about this product is the application brush and also I think I would have preferred the colours if they were less shimmery and more matte. 

My favourite shades from this palette!
Have you ever used these palettes? Which one do you prefer or is there a different MUA palette that you think is better?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love the colours in the first set but I've always wondered about their wearability, I do love a good sparkle though!

    Charlotte Adele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand what you mean, I'm exactly the same! It's such a cheap palette that I couldn't say no though. Some are definitely more wearable than others, I think it depends all on how you wear them and what occasion!

      Delete
  2. They are both really lovely but I prefer the glitterball collection, just because there's a little bit more color :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you on that! The colours are amazing in the glitterball palette, but I find heaven and earth is much more wearable and the 6th colour along the top of 'heaven and earth' is beautiful on! xx

      Delete
  3. Heaven and earth is a great palette x

    ReplyDelete