The road to good skin.

13:08:00

*Caution- What you are about to see is a female with absolutely no make up on, absolutely nothing. Look at your own risk*

Quite a big difference with the photo's really isn't there? I never thought I'd see the day where I'd post completely bare photos of myself on the internet, that was definitely not expected. As I publish this post, I wave my chances of getting a boyfriend or being shown affection ever again as they fly past. Personally, I don't really think that my skin is actually that bad and compared to some people I am actually very lucky and blessed with the skin that I have and I am aware of this. So please don't take this post as me complaining because its really not! I'm very happy with the naturally tanned/warm complexion that I have and although I have combination skin and I'm prone to the occasional break out, I actually have quite good skin. 

So you're probably thinking "well what is the point of this post then?" in the past few weeks I have realised that my skin although it isn't bad, it could be a hell of a lot better. The reason it isn't is down to a number of things and I'd say the biggest contributors are; water, sleep and skin care in general. From as young as I can remember, I have hated water. Don't ask why but for some reason if I have too much it used to make me feel so sick so I would just stick with coffee, juice and alcohol (I'm very classy as you can tell) so I'm never fully hydrated. In a day I have maybe 2 drinks, which is AWFUL as you're supposed to have atleast 3 litres a day. I've never had a solid sleeping pattern; one night I'll sleep 4 hours and the next I'll get about 12 and this really isn't good for my skin, especially under my eyes as I am prone to dark circles. Lastly, although I do take my makeup off every night and do the occasional cleanse and exfoliation I'm not very good at doing it religiously. 
So recently, I've decided that I'm going to change these three factors and have already started not that long ago. So I thought that each week I could do a post on how my efforts of achieving good skin are going, almost like a mini series? Some of my favourite bloggers do little series' so I thought why don't I give one a crack! The biggest things I'm trying to achieve are: drink atleast 3 litres of water a day, get atleast 7/8 hours sleep a day, and look after my skin a lot more in general. 

In the last week since I started, I was actually doing quite well; especially with drinking water as I was achieving the 3 litres every day! Then the weekend came and I decided it was a good idea to eat horrifically and drink an excessive amount... which it probably wasn't. I also did well with the sleep until the weekend, on friday night I got 12 hours sleep and on saturday I got about 4, so that wasn't my best choice and I also did no skin care at the weekend at all. I plan not to slack anymore though as this is important to me, I dream of a day where foundation is no longer needed.

One thing I will say, is if you are considering doing the same when drinking 3 litres of water a day you begin to flush all of the toxins and gross stuff out of your body and this results in breakouts of spots. Which I'm currently battling with, but don't give up as it'll will be worth it in the end! Or so I keep telling myself...

Have any of you considered doing the same or similar?

You Might Also Like

0 comments