Music to my ears #7

08:46:00

I realised I hadn't actually posted a music post yet this month, shocking behaviour as it's usually the first post I plan and post in a month. Anyway I'll get on with it as I'm sure you don't want me to ramble!
I really love Charlie Simpson, back in his busted era I didn't think a lot of him and didn't really like him. I was obviously a child at the time and now as an adult I absolutely love him; his music is like soup for the soul. He has a beautiful voice and all his songs are absolutely faultless, his new album is out in August so it will be a little birthday present to myself I feel. I think he was extremely clever to leave busted when he did and establish himself and he's done such a cracking job with it as well!
Sam Smith is really taking the music world by storm this year so far, he has such a powerful soulful voice and from watching him in interviews he seems like such a sweet genuine guy which is always a bonus. This song is absolutely beautiful and I love how the lyrics aren't your typical love song, its a bit different and that's what I like about it! This is the stripped down version and it is SO much better, I'm also yet to hear a cover I think meets the standard of this.

About two weeks ago, there was a night I decided to spend about 4 hours watching everything Jimmy Fallon related. I know he isn't everybody's cup of tea but I find his really funny, I just want to be his friend. Anyway, he did a lip- synch battle with Emma Stone (another person I love) and the two songs she chose were perfect and so different to one another HOOK by blues traveler, I've never heard and I'm also really obsessed with that right now and you should check it out! However, all I do is win is a song that I recognised for some reason and I have no idea why but I just keep listening to it constantly!

London Grammar seem to be regulars on my music posts, but who can blame me? They are fast becoming one of my all time favourite bands. I literally crave to see them live and as soon as I found out they were playing at Radio 1's big weekend I knew it was going to be fabulous and they really didn't disappoint. This is just one of the songs they had for their set and it shows how mesmerizing they really are live, I was shocked at how faultless it was. There was no different to the recorded sound-track and it was just amazing. 

I've never been a huge fan of Ariana Grande, and I don't know if I will be again. However, saying that this song is so so catchy it hurts. I just keep playing it and singing it repeatedly, and who doesn't enjoy a bit of Iggy?!

Oh George Ezra, you beautiful beautiful man. His voice is great, this video is great, he is great and I can't wait to hear more from him. I'm very excited for him and what he has up his sleeve, he's a wonderful musical cookie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments