Hair Envy

05:17:00

 When it comes to my hair, I have always been very undecided on what I want. I have changed it so many times in the past I'm surprised I still have a full head of hair if I'm honest; I've had super short bobs, long hair and everything in between. I'm also awful for dying it, at one point it was actually a bit of an addiction and I'd just dye it for the hell of it. However, last year around October I decided to leave my hair for as long as possible- this meant no dying whatsoever and only giving it the occasional trim and NOTHING else. It's now May and I've not dyed it one, not even to re-apply my beloved ombre and it has had the occasional trim but apart from that it's been going strangely well for me! I'm now getting to a point where I really need something done with it though, I have days when I really like my hair and others when I just cannot stand it at all. I don't want a dramatic change as I'm at an age where I don't really think I suit bright colours or dramatic hair anymore (that's just my opinion) so I thought I'd pick out some people with hair that I seriously crave and need in my life!

My biggest hairspiration is without a doubt Vanessa Hudgens, she is my inspiration for EVERYTHING. Hair, make up, fashion I just think she is absolutely faultless. Her hair is usually very untamed and boho which is a look I swoon over, she tends to have darker hair which looks very pretty on her without being too plain. At the moment she has light brown/blonde tresses which she actually suited really well and definitely fitted with the coachella vibe (she is the queen on coachella). She also rocks a banging middle parting, I just want her hair more than anything. Scratch that; I just want to be her.


Lauren Conrad is next and I always think she is really clever with her hair in that she always knows what tones and shades will suit her complexion and she absolutely nails it in every single photo above! I think I would be far less likely to suit the light/medium blonde she has in the top photos, but i think that id be tempted with the chocolate brown and golden tones. I also find that anyway she parts her hair works beautifully which is something I wish I could get away with badly!


Lastly I had to go for Alexa Chung, simply because her hair just embodies perfection for me. I love the warm brown tones she goes for and I think she is the queen of a natural ombre/balayage and her hair just always has a very pretty thrown together look without looking too messy. Last year before I started growing my hair out I got extremely angry one day and needed a change; so I cut off a lot of my hair, dyed it darker and ombred the ends with Alexa Chung's hair in mind and I absolutely loved it! It's definitely a look I'd go back for although I don't overly suit short hair!

Who is your hair inspiration?
*This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed*

You Might Also Like

0 comments