Lunch date at prezzo

10:45:00

I'm not an overly exciting person, I do the occasional fun thing but my life is pretty simple and full of routine. However, I want to try and include more lifestyle posts on my blog as I always find them really fun and interesting to read. So I thought I'd start out by writing about a new place I went for lunch at the weekend. 

On Saturday Adam and myself went out into Bury which is a beautiful little town in Suffolk, and just had a bit of a browse around the shops and the town in general. We had to leave fairly sharpish in the morning so we hadn't had any breakfast and it got to about lunchtime and I was starting to feel very light-headed, we decided we wanted to go somewhere we haven't tried before. I've been to a lovely cafe before that did some great coffee and pancakes and so we went on a hunt for that place; although I had no other knowledge than the pancakes. In the end we decided on Prezzo; on their website they say 'At Prezzo we serve great tasting Italian food in comfortable, contemporary and stylish surroundings'. As soon as we walked in we were seated straight away, the first thing I noticed was how beautiful it was set out I felt completely comfortable and at ease. The first thing I said was "This is definitely my sort of place" it just feels very homely with all the wood and stone work. There was also a lot of natural lighting which was perfect as it was a lovely sunny warm day. 

I adore Italian food its just such good comforting food and its something I just want to keep eating and eating. We decided that we would skip the starter and get a main and then just see how we felt afterwards, I decided to go for king prawn risotto with oak roasted smoke salmon and leaks with a saffron sauce. It was absolutely delicious, I'm always a bit indifferent about salmon as I've had it sometimes and really not enjoyed it. However, this was amazing and the prawns were some of the best cooked prawns I've ever had. The only thing I'd have as a slight niggle was that it was quite large and as it is so creamy I had to stop before I exploded, I still loved it nonetheless. Adam had grilled chicken with calabrese sausage, chillies, peppers, red onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes and a side salad. I think I would have liked to have had this instead because it was less heavy than mine but the chicken was also cooked absolutely perfectly. 

We always look at the puddings but we are always so full that we just can't eat anymore. We decided to look as per usual and I'm so glad we did because this time we HAD to get one, it was amazing and even better than the main!
Adam had the lemon posset which looked different to what I expected but, it was so nice and very very fresh on the palette it wasn't really my type of desert though. I then saw they did mini desserts which is great because I always find there is just too much for me to finish; the basic idea of this is that you get a smaller dessert but you get a hot drink of your choice so I went for a vanilla cheesecake with fresh raspberries and raspberry coulis and a latte. I literally put in one mouthful and made a noise that was probably only heard by dogs. It was the perfect size for me and the latte was really nice as well and they bought over a little pot filled with different sugars so I was very content. 

Overall, I would 110% go back to Prezzo as the atmosphere and food was perfect and on point and the waiters and waitresses we all so friendly and polite and always making sure we were okay. I would recommend it to any of you that enjoy Italian food!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will hopefully do more nice things to inform you all of! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have been to an italian today too, love it. The food looks amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really where did you go? It really was and it wasn't hugely pricey either! x

      Delete