Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.

13:35:00




I've had this blog post planned since I initially started blogging as I just thought it was a super sweet idea and very personal. I finally decided to do it and may do more posts like this with my scrapbooks and what not, just because I feel like it's a really nice post. Basically, I've always been a bit of a hoarder for weird items that give me memories; I've even been known to take packs of sugar and soap from places (there are 3 bars of soap in this box) and so I started getting more and more things and once I finished high school I used my old anthology to cover a shoe box as I've always loved poetry and literature and this was the end result!

So I thought it would be really nice if I shared a few of my personal memories with some of my followers/readers, this is extremely special to me as not a lot of people know this box exists and the content of it but I thought hey ho why not!


















 I don't have a lot of pictures from my childhood, my mum mainly has them. I have a few and these are some of my favourites that I picked out of my box, how hilarious was I?! Me and a friend have just said by looking at these photos you can actually see I've never been a normal person in my life. I just find that I was a bit of an ugly kid, but cute ugly if that makes any sense; especially the bottom one look at the little smooshy face!















 These are a few bits from my school years that stood out the most; at the top is the card I received when I did my work experience at school. I got to go and help teach kids which is something I've always been VERY passionate about and I can honestly say I've never enjoyed myself more then when I was working with those kids. This one particular class I got very attached to and I came into the classroom and they gave me this card and some chocolate and I honestly stood and cried because I was so touched (they were all very confused). The second photo is from my prom, I can honestly say I hated prom but that was my personal opinion! This was my ticket and corsage from the night. At the bottom when before I went to high school we all got to make these little booklets and it just makes me laugh reading through them because the comments are just such a giggle!
























At the top is a little perfume bottle that my mum brought me back from her honeymoon to Prague and I love it because it's just so beautiful and it's one thing I see myself keeping until I die, maybe I'll even pass it down. It's not financially valuable, but personally it means a hell of a lot! The second is a letter that I received when I was younger from someone who was very important in my life, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever received and one day when I was extremely emotional over something I actually ripped up the whole letter and regretted it immediately. I gathered up all the pieces and put them back in the envelope and they are still in there to this day! (I luckily didn't rip the drawing with it thank GOD) although it's all in the past, I still like to keep the letter as it means a lot to me. In the next photo is one of the first presents my younger sister ever chose for me herself; there doesn't really need to be an explanation as to why that's special. Lastly is a picture I have of my uncle who my family unfortunately lost a few years back, I'd experienced loss and death before this but this hit me especially hard and I honestly still struggle a lot of the time with it now, but that's life for you.
Lastly are a couple of bits from holidays; part of my ticket for when I went on my first holiday alone without adult supervision (WOOOPARTAY) and a seaworld booklet from when I went to Florida!

So that is it, well that's the stuff I've decided to show you anyway! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it and let me know if you think I should do most posts like this. Also I want to add at the end there was one other thing I wanted to include and couldn't find and I'm gutted; my friend Frasmine for a birthday one year asked what I wanted on my card, so I said me and her in the form of owls AND SHE ACTUALLY DID IT. It's my favourite thing ever and I can't find it, but I will make sure I include it in another post! 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's great that you have a memory box, i've had a couple over the years always filled with the same kind of things - special cards, letters, tickets to gig tickets and so on. Nice to go through them every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah they are really worth keeping, it's something I'll always see myself doing. Tickets are my weakness haha!

      Delete