Urban Decay Naked 3

08:42:00

So for Christmas I asked for a debenhams gift voucher and my dad was lovely enough to get me a £25 one for there, after being slightly hesitant because I was stuck between getting some more benefit products or getting the new naked 3 palette my two lovely friends Deanna (letsbe-makeup) and Becca told me the decision was simple and that I NEEDED the new naked 3 in my life. So I decided to get it, and because it was so soon after Christmas it took about a week to arrive and no word of a lie; I got home from work and saw I had a package and instantly knew what it was. I was on the phone to my friend hyperventilating because I was so excited and I'm so glad I got it because it is so fricking beautiful!

This is less a review and more just a post about how much I love the product! Urban Decay kept this one under their belts and it just suddenly appeared and the blogging world went nuts, if you haven't seen naked or naked 2 have you been living under a rock!? All three of the palettes are very neutral colours, the difference with naked 3 is that they are much more rose-hued colours with a few darker colours in the palette as well. I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull of many of the pinker colours because I'm actually quite warm skinned and I have very dark features, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised! 


The first six colours are called strange, dust, burnout, limit, buzz and trick. Strange and trick are both matte shadows and 2 of my favourites in the palette because I have a weakness for matte products and as you can see from the swatch below they are all very light pink colours but they all look really classy and elegant when on. I personally find that the matte ones have much more wear simply because I feel I'd be able to incorporate them into my daily makeup (I've been wearing them for work already!), the more glittery ones I would be more likely to wear when going out somewhere but I'd still wear them just as much as the others! They all have high pigmentation which is great and whether I wear an eye primer or not, I still find that they last a long amount of time.
The darker end of the palette I haven't actually had a chance to wear a lot of yet, this is mainly because I wear my eyeliner everyday and so I find that if I wore too much on my eyes it would just be far too heavy and I don't think my work would appreciate my party/hooker make up! 


The last six colours are called nooner, liar, factory, mugshot, darkside and blackheart. Once again all of these are super wearable shades and just look so beautiful one (as you can see in the swatch below), the only one I'm struggling to find a time to wear is blackheart. This is really annoying because it is such a stunning colour, it's basically plain black but with bits of red glitter in and everyone loves glitter! I'm sure I'll find a good time to wear it eventually, but apart from that they are all amazing colours. Nooner is another matte colour and it's a proper warm light brown colour, and I just love how it looks on and feel that because I have brown eyes it really brings out the colour in them. 
I also forget to mention the brush that you get with the palette, I wasn't really expecting a lot from it as in the past I've always been slightly disappointed by the applicators/brushes that come with make up products. I have to say though I was really impressed with the brush that it comes with, one end is for applying and the other is for blending. I use one for my whole lid and then another for the creases and they both work extremely well! 

 In most places the palette is actually out of stock, I was super lucky to manage to snatch it up before it was gone from everywhere. I bought it on the debenhams website and on there it is £37, but because of my gift card I managed to get it for £12 HOW AMAZING IS THAT?! I think without my gift card I would have been a lot less likely to buy it. Don't get me wrong it's an amazing palette, but if you're a bit of a poor person like me then you should probably consider your spending more wisely. Now that I have naked 3 though, I'm definitely starting to feel the need for the other 2...

What do you think about the naked 3 palette if you have it? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments