L'Oreal vs Garnier

12:21:00

I always thought I was really good because after wearing a full face of make up, I never sleep with it on. I always make sure to take it off and for this I was always quite proud of myself, until I realised using wet wipes and make-up remover wipes was not actually that much of a good thing. I've been trying harder recently to have more of a skincare routine and actually make more of an effort with my skin; which means ditching the wet wipes.

I thought this was a good opportunity for a few blog posts, one on a few make up removers I've tried and which one is better and also maybe a post on my actual skincare routine? Exciting times I know. ANYWAY, this post is on two different products I bought last week that are supposed to do that same thing more or less.


Garnier Fresh essentials eye make up remover-
What they say: Fresh Essentials eye make up remover is a quick and easy way to gently remove eye make up. The formula, enriched with grape extract and feels both fresh and gentle. This formula has been ophthalmologically tested. It is suitable for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes, it removes eye make up, even waterproof mascara, whilst respecting the delicate eye contour area.
This product although I hate to say it, I really really didn't like. I had serious high hopes for it when I first got it and after using it I was just more like, "oh" it just didn't really make me think anything really. I found that personally it made my skin feel a bit oily and I HATE oily skin, it makes me feel really gross as I suffer with an oily T-zone so the fact that my skin felt greasy all over was something I really wasn't impressed with. I also have super sensitive eyes and I found after about 30-45 minutes of using it my eyes started to sting and itch which resulted in me furiously rubbing them, that was not fun at all.

Price wise it's pretty affordable so that's a plus, and I managed to get it on offer so I can't complain too much (although when I got home I found the lid was broken when I opened it and my hands got covered in oily mess- boo ASDA not impressed with you). In terms of packaging, I actually really liked it at first. Then I got the second make up remover and I preferred the packaging of that a lot more! One thing I did really like about the product is the smell, I don't know how to explain it exactly as I'm not the best with descriptive words. It was slightly floral I guess... I don't know, but either way it smelt really nice and subtle!

In terms of actually removing my make up, it was okay. There isn't actually much more I can say other than that, it was absolutely amazing but it wasn't terrible. It took it off eventually, but took some time to actually get it all off and even then there were still a few little bits left behind on my eyes. I think with this in mind I'd probably prefer to use wet wipes because its less fuss that this product was. It could just be my skin type that didn't like it, but personally I don't think I'll bother buying it again once I've used up this bottle.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Cleansing Water-
What they say: "L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water, high performance cleansing for sensitive skin. Used by make-up artists, the 'micellar' solution swiftly removes all traces of make-up and acts like a purifying magnet on skin's surface to capture and draw out excess oil and impurities. So gentle, skin feels soothed and toned."

This product is something I have a serious love for, everything about it I just really really like! First off the packaging of this product is great, its very simple but the silver and pale pink is just very pretty and nice and who doesn't love pretty packaging!? I'm a sucker for good packaging.
In most shops it retails for around about 3-4 pounds, which in all honesty isn't really that bad if it's going to benefit your skin so once again I can't really have a moan about the price as it's not 50 pounds so its really affordable if you think about some skincare ranges.

In terms of scent, I didn't really think there was any scent there. If there is it must be extremely subtle, so much so that I can't smell anything. Either way it'd be nice if there was maybe a little bit of scent there, but its not overly important as the product itself is so good!
When actually removing make up, I found it was a lot less harsh on my skin and my eyes especially which is always great because I get very stressed when my eye's get infected. The consistency of the product genuinely is just like water, its light and not greasy at all and doesn't dry out your skin either.

At the same time its not so light that it's not good at removing make-up, it still takes a while but because of how clean my skin feels at the end I really don't mind that it takes a couple of minutes to remove anyway as I do wear quite a lot of eye make up so it's understandable it takes a little while to actually get it all off.

Overall I prefer the L'Oreal cleansing water just because itself as a product is much better for my skin and more what I was looking for when replacing my wet wipes and I think I will be more likely to repurchase it over the garnier product.

Have you used either products, and did you prefer one?

You Might Also Like

0 comments