My favourites from the Met Gala 2014

14:04:00

I know this is a post that will be done a lot, but I really enjoy reading them so I hope you do as well and I just wanted to share with you some of my favourites from this year! I'm sorry if this becomes a ramble post and you get bored, I'll get on with it now xoxo

Blake Lively 
How amazing did Blake look, I was absolutely blown away by her stunning dress. The women genuinely looks like a fricken' goddess, I think that the fit she decided to go for was perfect for her shape and it accentuated every curve and she just looked fabulous! I also think that although her make-up and hair isn't exactly simple, it works really well with the glamour of the dress.
The golden peach dress featured a long chiffon trail from the shoulders as well as well as a long fish tail skirt

Amber Heard
I've always been a big fan of Amber, even before she became an item with Johnny Depp. I love her as a person and think she is absolutely stunning inside and out, so I was really excited to see what she put together for the Gala this year. Although I don't think this nude number will be for everyone, I really liked it because its simply and classy. She isn't one for going over the top and I think that along with her messy hair and her dark red/maroon lips, she played to her strengths very well!
Ever the gentleman, Johnny offered wife-to-be Amber an arm to help her climb the stairs in her slightly binding  Giambattista Valli dress



Emma Stone
I love Emma Stone, I loved her ever since I watched her in zombieland back in 2009 and I still love her now and she's just become more and more stunning as the years go by. I first looked at her dress and thought "hmm do I like this?" but the more I looked at it the more it was so perfectly suited to her and her look and he personality and it just looks absolutely wonderful. Plus red heads always look so pretty with ANY shade of pink that they try and I love that she played to her strengths. Plus I adore how simple and elegant her hair and make up is, I would wear this look everyday. 

Pretty in pink: Emma Stone attends The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute benefit gala
Cara Delevingne 
My favourite thing about Cara's outfit for the Gala is that she went with what made her feel truly comfortable and absolutely rocked it. This is my favourite 2 piece item worn from the whole Gala, it's just very edgy and very Cara. Although I'm not a huge fan of her hair for this particular event I think her make up and skin looks flawless and on point so overall it's a win for me!
Cara shows off her tiny frame in a gorgeous outfit by British designer Stella McCartney

Clare Danes and Hugh DancyClaire Danes wore another Oscar de la Renta gown with a burgundy velvet bodice top and flowing bubblegum pink skirt, and was joined by her husband Hugh Dancy
I had 2 favourite couples at the Gala, and no one was not Jay Z and Beyonce! The first is Hugh and Clare, I love these two as a couple. I must admit I am EXTREMELY jealous of Clare as Hugh embodies everything I love in a man, but I digress. I thought that they just looked so cute together, Clare looked absolutely stunning in every way shape and form and Hugh was just his normal swoon-able self. So They were definitely on point for me.

Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson
Diane Kruger  and Joshua Jackson
Costume Institute benefit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
These two are so cute it hurts, look at how happy Josh is to be there? He reminds me of a happy little puppy, and he also looks absolutely amazing in his suit so he is on to a winner there. However the show has well and truly been stolen by Diane, she looks breathtaking in her pale blue shimmer dress and the grey undertones just work so well with her fair skin and hair. She really is a natural beauty!


Just a few more outfits I loved..
Cheers to that: (L-R) Selena Gomez, Michelle Monaghan (in Altuzarra) and Zoe Kravitz garnered plenty of attention in pretty wine-coloured creationsSuki looked like a fairytale princessIn the nude: While they have very different shapes, Dita Von Teese (L), in Zac Posen, and Kendall Jenner, who wore Topshop, wore nude fishtail gownsMe and my meringue: Hayden Panettiere wore a pale pink dress with streaks of lilac, and looked as if she was ready for a princess ball

I hope this hasn't been too much of a boring post for you, as I haven't been posting a lot I felt this was a good make up for that! 
Who had your favourite outfits for the gala?

*This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed*

You Might Also Like

0 comments