Who's your stripe icon?

00:55:00


Who

I have to say that stripes are hands down one of my favourite styles and patterns to wear, they always look so effortlessly cool and just make me feel so good about myself. I've always been a big wearer of stripes, and so when the sweethearts over at farfetch contacted me saying they’d created a new infographic to help their readers pick their perfect stripes for this spring/summer season and if I wanted to share it with my readers, I couldn't wait!

I personally think that everyone can pull off stripes in some shape or form; it’s all about finding what is best suited for you. It’s also about what you like and want to wear; if it makes you feel good then ignore what anyone else may think. If you prefer wearing monochrome clothing, then you’ll probably be the same as I am and rock a good old fashioned black and white stripe. One of my favourite tops that I've ever owned was a black and white loose material v neck t-shirt, it was so flattering and went with whatever I paired it with (I then stupidly dyed my hair in it one day and it went EVERYWHERE and now I use it to dry my hair) so it’s all about finding what works for you. If you find that you wear much brighter/ colourful clothing day to day then you should definitely try something that bit ‘louder’ in terms of stripes, look at the example in the infographic and if it gives you all the feels then you know you’re heading in the right direction! I personally find that coloured stripes are the most daring and so if you’re braver than I am (most people are) you should give them a go.

The last ‘Audrey Hepburn’ style stripes are admittedly not something that I've ever personally considered, but after really looking at them I have to say I’m really intrigued to try them out myself. They definitely are what I’d consider as spring/summer stripes, the fact that they aren't too in your face but are a lot lighter than a lot of the clothing I own really does appeal to me. It’s certainly something I’m going to keep my eyes open for the next time I go shopping!

So although I’m fully aware that the classic black and white stripes are my idea of stripe heaven, the infographic has made me aware of all the different stripes there are and ways that you can wear them which means I have no excuses not to experiment a bit.


What type of stripes do you love? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments