Rouge Edition velvet review

09:30:00


Now you've probably already heard a lot about this in the blogging world recently, but I thought why not share my own opinion on it? Honestly, I've never been a rep lipstick wearer and that isn't because I don't want to. I think it looks absolutely ridiculous on me and so I just gave up in the end, but then I found this little gem and my opinions have changed. 
This is the Bourjois rouge edition velvet lipstick (bit of a mouthful I know) and I have it in the shade frambourjois and right now it is my favourite lip product EVER. This is a bold statement I know, but I will explain why...
The shade is a deep red, bright but not too bright. It's matte, which I think is a big factor on why I love this so much as I'd never really considered a matte red. I really should of thought of this sooner because then all my heartbreak over never having a good red lippy would have ended earlier and it would have been happily ever after. I find if I do a layer and leave it to dry and then build a few layers on that I have the perfect red shade that lasts me all day and night, but then it comes off a treat when I wash all of my make-up off. 

I personally think this is the perfect budget buy and Bourjois have made a real winner for me here, it's long lasting with a range of different red shades and it's matte. Whats not to love? I will absolutely plan on re-purchasing this little gem!




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful shade of red. I always see red lipstick on others and think it looks great on them but not for me. Maybe I'll try this one out :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same, I've always found red looks a bit awkward on me. This is so matte and build-able though and the shade is beautiful, so it's worth a try! x

      Delete