A holy grail.

12:48:00

I've been scratching my head for a while on different post idea's that I could have a go at doing and after writing down everything and anything that came into my head, I suddenly thought about a few of my favourites beauty products that I could not necessarily review but just write about that are staples in my daily routines!


The first thing that popped into my head was the fast stroke eye liner from Collection (formerly collection 2000). This product is my baby, I will always make sure I'm completely stocked up with it because I think if I ran out I would probably have a mental break down and it wouldn't be pretty... Before this I have actually used a range of different eyeliners and as soon as I began using this one about 3 years ago I haven't looked back! It retails online and in most shops for roughly £3 which I think is great, because its super in budget compared to a lot of make up brands and I think for the price it is extremely good at what it does.

The packaging for this product is very basic, but I don't think its always a bad thing that products are kept simple. I feel that it could probably be a little bit sturdier at times, but it's never actually leaked at any point so I can't really complain. Especially for how cheap it is! The actual applicator itself is a point sponge, at first it can be quite tricky and so unless you tend to use liquid eyeliner a lot or have practices with other types don't expect it to go perfect first time. I still have days were I look more raccoon than cat eye, but I'm lazy and usually just embrace the look. As I've been using it for so long, I find now I can just slick it on easily. The only problem I have with the applicator is that after a while the sponge can tend to split, which makes it difficult to make flicks small and pointy but this isn't a huge problem and is easily got around.

The actual liquid itself is really good, I mean for £3 I'm not expecting it to stay on my face for days on end but I also don't want it coming off after an hour. Some days I have to go over some little bits, usually the flicks as they are smaller and rub off easier. Most of the time though I apply it in the morning and can get away with wearing it for the rest of the day which I think is pretty impressive. As you can see the colour is jet black and that's what I like, I hate when there are products that say they are a certain colour but then when you actually put them on it's a different shade all together. This is just what it says on the package and I'm happy with that.
I've found that one bottle can usually last me a few months before I have to buy a new one, and considering I use it about 5/6 days a week I really cannot complain! This product is an absolute gem and unless I become a millionaire in years to come I won't be branching out anytime soon as I love it!

Have any of you used this product? If so what do you think? Are there any liquid liners you think could replace my love?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your eyeliner looks perfect!

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! Its super easy to do. X

      Delete